Rational points on varieties (WONDER)
Starting October 24, this course takes place in Leiden
Location: Snellius 402 (except December 12, when we are in 405).
On the mastermath website you can find a description of this course.
The first half of the course is about curves. This is taught by Sander Dahmen, who is also keeping a website for this course.
The second half is about surfaces, taught by Ronald van Luijk. During that half of the course, more information will appear here.
- Class starts at 14.15.
- There will be no class on November 28. Last class is on December 12.
- The final (oral) exams will be held during the first half of the week of December 16.
Schedule oral exam
Monday, December 16, room 250 of Snellius.
- 09.30 Milan Lopuhaä
- 10.15 Raymond van Bommel
- 11.00 Erik Visse
- 11.45 Erik Massop
- 13.30 Tom Wennink
- 14.15 Jeroen Hanselman
- 15.00 Stefan van der Lugt
- 15.45 Wadim Sharshov
- Thursday 11.00 Tristan Tillij
References and exercises
- October 24 (reference for smoothness and exercise has been added, typo in exercise 3 [definition of k] corrected).
- October 31.
- November 7.
- November 14.
- November 21 (to be handed in December 5).
- December 5 (typo: in exercise 1, there are of course only 10 excptional curves on a del Pezzo surface of degree 5... Also, you are allowed to use that the field K is separable over k in exercise 2).
- December 12.