I am a PhD student enrolled in the ALGANT-DOC program at the Mathematical Institute of Leiden and at the Institute Mathematique de Bordeaux , under the supervision of David Holmes (Leiden) and Qing Liu (Bordeaux).
My research interest is in Algebraic Geometry, with a focus on Neron models of jacobians and compactifications of jacobians of curves via torsion-free rank one sheaves.
I obtained my master degree within the Algant Master program , jointly from Leiden University and Concordia University , in July 2014.
In Padova, where I obtained my bachelor degree, I was a student at Scuola Galileiana di Studi Superiori .
I am one of the organizers of GAeL XXV to be held in Bath (UK) in July 2017.
See more in my CV updated to September 2016.
- Semi-factorial nodal curves, Gael XXIV , 16 June 2016, Nezin Mathematical village, Turkey.
- Semi-factorial nodal curves, Algebra, geometry and number theory seminar , 14 March 2016, Leiden.
- Gromov-Witten invariants (pdf) , Mini-seminar on Moduli stacks of curves of genus g , 20 November 2015, Leiden.
- The moduli stack Mg (pdf) , Mini-seminar on Moduli stacks of curves of genus g , 24 September 2015, Leiden.
- Étale cohomology over points and curves (pdf) , Étale cohomology seminar , 28 October 2014, Leiden.
- Ample and Nef cones (pdf) , K3 surfaces seminar , 8 October 2014, Leiden.
- `Semi-factorial nodal curves and Néron models of jacobians' , Manuscripta Math. (2016) - [ journal , arxiv ]
- `Torsion-free rank one sheaves on a semi-stable curve', Master thesis supervised by Bas Edixhoven (2014) - [ pdf ]
- `Multiplicity of intersection in algebraic geometry' (in Italian), Bachelor thesis, supervised by Maurizio Candilera, 2012.
Seminars and conferences attended
- Gael XXIV, June 2016, Nesin Mathematics Village, Turkey
- Mini-seminar on Moduli stacks of curves of genus g, co-organized with Raymond van Bommel (part I) and Erik Visse (part II), Autumn 2015, Leiden, Netherlands
- Summer school: algebraic stacks and related topics, September 2015, Mainz, Germany
- Algebraic Geometry Seminar: B-NL meets NoGAGS, June 2015, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Gael XXIII, June 2015, Leuven, Belgium
- Special trimester in Algebraic Geometry, April 2015, IMPA, Rio de Janeiro
- Arizona Winter School, March 2015, University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ
- Arivaf closing conference, November 2014, Bordeaux (France)
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden, The Netherlands
Email: orecchiag@math dot leidenuniv dot nl