In September 2018, I started as PhD candidate at the Mathematical Institute at Leiden University under the supervision of dr. David Holmes. My research is on algebraic geometry, in particular on Gromov-Witten invariants of Artin stacks.
Snellius room 227
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
- Master thesis at Leiden University: Gromov-Witten invariants of the classifying stacks of principal Gm-bundles, supervisor dr. David Holmes, graduation: 24th of August 2018, which may be found here.
- Bachelor thesis at Leiden University: Idempotenten in Groepenringen (Idempotents in Group rings, written in Dutch), supervisor Prof. dr. Hendrik Lenstra, graduation 24th of June 2015, which may be found here.
- Hoe leg ik het mijn oma uit - Groepentheorie; Article on group theory in Dutch to appear in the Eureka! magazine; a scientific magazine by students of the Leiden University on physics, astronomy, mathematics and computer science.
Seminars, conferences and schools
- 1-5 July 2019, GQT school and conference, Den Dolder, courses on D-modules on Riemann surfaces, double ramification cycle, and the stable module category.
- Spring 2019, Algebraic Geometry Intercity seminar The logarithmic Picard group and its tropicalization, see here.
- 11-15 Feb 2019, Winter School on Enumerative Geometry and Modular Forms, Frankfurt am Main.
- 1 Feb 2019, Belgian-Dutch Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Utrecht.
- 29-30 Nov 2018, DIAMANT symposium, Veenendaal.
- 26-28 Nov 2018, GQT school, Groesbeek, courses on p-adic groups, stable homotopy theory, and singularities and matrix factorisations.
- 20-21 Sept 2018, Belgian-Dutch Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Nijmegen.
- 10-14 Sept 2018, International Summer School on Arithmetic Geometry, Universita degli Studi di Salerno,organised by Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, see here.
- Fall 2018, Algebraic Statistics seminar, Leiden University.
- Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory seminar, Leiden University.
- General colloqium, Leiden University.
- PhD colloquium, Leiden University.
- 22 May 2019, lecture on Algebra 1 for first year bachelor students.
- 24 Apr 2019, talk in Deformation theory seminar for master students on deformation theory of curves.
- 5 Apr 2019, talk in Algebraic Geometry Intercity seminar on the classification of log curves.
- 20 Feb 2019, talk in Deformation theory seminar for master students on Hilbert schemes.
- 24 Aug 2018, Graduation talk for mathematical audience concerning my master's thesis, Gromov-Witten invariants of the classifying stacks of principal G_m-bundles.
Teaching assistant at Leiden University for bachelor level mathematics courses at the university, which includes teaching exercise classes and grading hand-in assignments.
- Spring 2019: Algebra 1 (Group theory), see here
- Fall 2018: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2018: Algebra 3 (Fields and Galois theory)
- Fall 2017: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2017: Algebra 1 (Group theory)
- Fall 2016: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2016: Algebra 1 (Group theory)
- Fall 2015: Analysis 1