In September 2020, I started my PhD candidate at the Mathematical Institute at Leiden University. My supervisor is dr. David Holmes. My research is on algebraic geometry. For the current log geometry seminar, see here.
Snellius room 227
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
Email: spelierp at the domain math.leidenuniv.nl
- Master thesis at Leiden University: A geometric approach to linear Chabauty, supervisor Bas Edixhoven, graduation: 6th of July 2020, which may be found here.
- Bachelor thesis at Leiden University: The complexity of root-finding in orders, supervisor Hendrik Lenstra, graduation 2018, which may be found here.
Seminars, conferences and schools
- Fall 2020, Co-organiser of log geometry seminar in Leiden. For more info see here.
- Summer 2020, ATOM online meetings Algebraic and Tropical Geometry, website.
- Spring 2019, Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar on examples and counterexamples.
- 28-29 November 2019, DIAMANT symposium, De Bilt.
- 1-5 July 2019, GQT school and conference, Den Dolder, courses on D-modules on Riemann surfaces, double ramification cycle, and the stable module category.
- Spring 2019, Algebraic Geometry Intercity seminar The logarithmic Picard group and its tropicalization, see here.
- Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory seminar, Leiden University.
- General colloqium, Leiden University.
- PhD colloquium, Leiden University.
- 30 Sep 2020, Basic definitions and examples of log schemes, talk in the log seminar I co-organised in Leiden.
- 8 and 15 Apr 2020, smooth/etale/unramified morphisms (joint with Rosa Schwarz), talk in the Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar on examples and counterexamples.
Teaching assistant at Leiden University for bachelor and masterlevel mathematics courses at the university, which includes teaching exercise classes and grading hand-in assignments.
- Fall 2020: Rational Points
- Fall 2019: Commutative Algebra
- Spring 2019: Continuous Optimalisation
- Fall 2018: Discrete Optimalisation
- Spring 2018: Optimalisation
- Fall 2017: Caleidoscoop