In September 2018, I started as PhD candidate at the Mathematical Institute at Leiden University under the supervision of dr. David Holmes. My research is on algebraic geometry, in particular on double ramification cycles, tautological rings, and Gromov-Witten invariants of Artin stacks.
Snellius room 227
Niels Bohrweg 1
2333 CA Leiden
- (with D. Holmes) `Logarithmic intersections of double ramification cycles' - [arXiv] - to appear in Algebraic Geometry.
- (with Y. Bae, D. Holmes, R. Pandharipande, and J. Schmitt) `Pixton's formula and Abel-Jacobi theory on the Picard stack' - [arXiv] - to appear in Acta Mathematica.
- Hoe leg ik het mijn oma uit - Groepentheorie; Article on group theory in Dutch in the Eureka! magazine; a scientific magazine by students of the Leiden University on physics, astronomy, mathematics and computer science.
- Master thesis at Leiden University: Gromov-Witten invariants of the classifying stacks of principal Gm-bundles, supervisor dr. David Holmes, graduation: 24th of August 2018, which may be found here.
- Bachelor thesis at Leiden University: Idempotenten in Groepenringen (Idempotents in Group rings, written in Dutch), supervisor Prof. dr. Hendrik Lenstra, graduation 24th of June 2015, which may be found here.
- 8 Apr 2022, The double-double ramification cycle, Freiburg, Young Women in Cohomological Methods in Geometry website.
- 20 Mar 2022, There and back again, an example session on translating between piecewise polynomial functions and divisors, Leysin, Recent Advances in Moduli Spaces of Curves, website.
- 16 Feb 2022, General toric varieties, seminar Topics in Algebraic Geometry at Leiden.
- 31 May 2021, The double-double ramification cycle, Leiden Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory group seminar.
- 22 May 2021, The universal and log double ramification cycle, Moduli Across the Pandamic, Boston College .
- 29 Mar 2021, Gromov-Witten Invariants for BGm, Gromov-Witten theory seminar in Bonn .
- 17 Mar 2021, Moduliruimten; het parametriseren van driehoeken en wat je daaraan hebt, voordracht in het Leiden Algebra bachelor seminarium.
- 25 Feb 2021, Universal Double Ramification Cycle, FRAGMENT seminar at CSU Colorado.
- 25 Jan 2021, examples and applications of virtual fundamental classes, Intersection theory on Stacks reading group in Bonn, website and notes.
- 11 Jan 2021, introductory talk on moduli spaces in the PhD colloquium.
- 23 Nov 2020, talk on intersection numbers and Chow rings (as in Fulton's Intersection Theory chapters 7 and 8), Intersection theory on Stacks reading group in Bonn, website and notes.
- 4 Nov 2020, Log curves, talk in the Log Geometry Seminar, notes.
- 8 and 15 Apr 2020, smooth/ étale / unramified morphisms (joint with Pim Spelier), talk in the Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar on examples and counterexamples.
- 19 Feb 2020, ETH Zurich, seminar talk in the Algebraic Geometry seminar, Gromov-Witten invariants of BGm.
- 22 May 2019, lecture on Algebra 1 for first year bachelor students.
- 24 Apr 2019, talk in Deformation theory seminar for master students on deformation theory of curves.
- 5 Apr 2019, talk in Algebraic Geometry Intercity seminar on the classification of log curves.
- 20 Feb 2019, talk in Deformation theory seminar for master students on Hilbert schemes.
- 24 Aug 2018, Graduation talk for mathematical audience concerning my master's thesis, Gromov-Witten invariants of the classifying stacks of principal G_m-bundles.
Seminars, conferences and schools
- 6 April - 8 April 2022, Young Women in Cohomological Methods in Geometry website, Freiburg Im Breisgau.
- 18 March - 24 March 2022, Recent Advances on Moduli Spaces of Curves, website, Leysin.
- Spring 2022, Log Gromov-Witten Invariants seminar in Leiden.
- Spring 2022, Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar in Leiden on toric varieties.
- Autumn 2021, Mirror symmetry seminar, Leiden.
- 28 June - 2 July, 2021, The EWM/EMS Mittag Leffler summer school on Tropical Moduli spaces, see website.
- Spring 2021, Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar in Leiden on descent.
- Autumn 2020, Log Geometry Seminar at Leiden University, co-organiser, see website.
- Autumn 2020, Intersection theory on Stacks reading group in Bonn, website.
- Summer 2020- Spring 2021, Working seminar on BChow, see website.
- Summer 2020, ATOM online meetings Algebraic and Tropical Geometry, website.
- Spring 2019, Topics in Algebraic Geometry seminar on in Leiden examples and counterexamples.
- 28-29 November 2019, DIAMANT symposium, De Bilt.
- 7-11 October 2019, AIM workshop Double Ramification Cycles and Integrable Systems, San Jose California.
- 1-5 July 2019, GQT school and conference, Den Dolder, courses on D-modules on Riemann surfaces, double ramification cycle, and the stable module category. Also assisted the exercise classes for the course on double ramification cycles.
- Spring 2019, Algebraic Geometry Intercity seminar The logarithmic Picard group and its tropicalization, see here.
- 11-15 Feb 2019, Winter School on Enumerative Geometry and Modular Forms, Frankfurt am Main.
- 1 Feb 2019, Belgian-Dutch Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Utrecht.
- 29-30 Nov 2018, DIAMANT symposium, Veenendaal.
- 26-28 Nov 2018, GQT school, Groesbeek, courses on p-adic groups, stable homotopy theory, and singularities and matrix factorisations.
- 20-21 Sept 2018, Belgian-Dutch Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Nijmegen.
- 10-14 Sept 2018, International Summer School on Arithmetic Geometry, Universita degli Studi di Salerno,organised by Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, see here.
- Fall 2018, Algebraic Statistics seminar, Leiden University.
- Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory seminar, Leiden University.
- General colloqium, Leiden University.
- PhD colloquium, Leiden University, co-organiser since 2021.
Teaching assistant at Leiden University for bachelor level mathematics courses at the university, which includes teaching exercise classes and grading hand-in assignments.
- 2019 - present: workshop for Teaching Assistants.
- Fall 2021: Commutative Algebra (mastermath).
- Fall 2021: Mathematics for Statisticians (for the master Data Science).
- Fall 2021: Calculus 2 (for Molecular Science and Technology students).
- Fall 2020: Linear Algebra 1 (partly online)
- Spring 2020: Algebra 1 (Group theory, partly online)
- Fall 2019: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2019: Algebra 1 (Group theory), see here
- Fall 2018: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2018: Algebra 3 (Fields and Galois theory)
- Fall 2017: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2017: Algebra 1 (Group theory)
- Fall 2016: Linear Algebra 1
- Spring 2016: Algebra 1 (Group theory)
- Fall 2015: Analysis 1